At a time when the exploitation of mineral resources is an important factor for the economic development, the establishment of a Greece-Cyprus-Israel energy axis and the creation of all the necessary conditions that will make it even more powerful must be an objective for the Chambers of Commerce as well as the academic community.
In this context, the Kozani Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Laboratory of Environmental Technology of the Department of Environmental and Pollution Control Engineering of the Technological Education Institute of Western Macedonia co-organize the 1st International Energy Conference with the title “1st International Conference – REH-2019 -” Cyprus-Greece-Israel: Research and Exploitation of Hydrocarbons”, which will be held in the city of Kozani in March 22-23, 2019. We hope, through the conference process to:
1. promote scientific work on hydrocarbon technology,
2. present companies operating in the hydrocarbon facility and promote networking;
3. organize postgraduate programs for the exploitation of hydrocarbons so that this osmosis between the academic and commercial-industrial community will become a growth factor in the years to come.
The aim is to establish the conference as a scientific event whose organization will alternate between the three friends and partner countries. Participation in the conference of scientists with significant research and writing work, major companies operating in the field of hydrocarbons, public and private bodies (Ministry of Environment and Energy, Region of Western Macedonia, Hellenic-Israeli Chamber etc.) will guarantee its quality.
The sections of the conference on the development of scientific work are:
1. Hydrocarbon exploration and production.
2. Hydrocarbon technology and the environment.
3. Safety in the use and transport of hydrocarbons-risk management.
4. Hydrocarbon exploration and local economy.
5. Hydrocarbon technology and education process.